Weyerhaeuser Timberlands Divisions of Weyerhaeuser Company Limited are seeking up to 12 or more highly motivated individuals to assist us with our general forestry operations. These positions will run from early May 2020 until the end of August 2020. The forestry internship has positions at three sites in Alberta (Drayton Valley, Edson, and Grande Prairie).
The successful candidates will be responsible for assisting our company operations in the areas of Forest Measurements, Silviculture, Harvest and Haul Operations, Operational Planning, and/or Road Development.
We are accepting applications from…
- Students currently enrolled in a 2 or 4-year forestry or resource management program. Graduating students will only be considered if they are continuing on to further education following summer employment
Additional qualifications are…
- Strong safety values and behaviors
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Physical ability for field work including ATV and 4WD pickup operation
- Understanding of sound environmental practices
- High comfort level with working and traveling in remote forestland areas
- Previous forestry operations experience would be a significant asset
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
Weyerhaeuser offers a competitive compensation package including benefits. The specific compensation will be commensurate with the experience and capabilities of the successful candidate. Please apply online no later than Oct 25, 2019.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.