Incremental Forest Technologies (Iftech) manages eight conifer seed orchards for five forest company partners. Safety is a key aspect of any industrial worksite and Iftech places a high priority on implementing the company safety plan. As a tree seed orchard worker, you will be working with a small team of like-minded individuals, in a beautiful outdoor setting, to grow and harvest white spruce, black spruce, and lodgepole pine seed. Examples of tasks include fertilizing, mowing grass, running irrigation, pruning and performing assessments to name a few.
Grande Prairie (4 positions): The HASOC tree seed orchard is located about 30 km west of Grande Prairie, Alberta. A group ride leaves Grande Prairie every workday taking the crew to the orchard and back. If desired, accommodations can be sought at the Grande Prairie Regional College dorms that are vacant during the summer and offer reasonable rental rates.
Drayton Valley (2 positions): The tree seed orchard is located about 20 km north of Drayton Valley, Alberta. The successful candidates will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the orchard and to arrange suitable accommodations.
- The ability and willingness to work outdoors and perform moderate physical work
- Motivated and willing to learn new skills
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver a demanding workload
- Valid driver’s license and First Aid Certificate is not required but an asset
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Enthusiasm and a passion for working outdoors
- Reliability and consistency
- A professional and courteous manner
- Roughly a 40-hour workweek – Monday to Friday (weather days are unpaid)
- Pay starts at $18.00/ hour with increases depending on experience and education related to the field
- The dynamic, team-oriented work environment
- Group ride from Grande Prairie or Beaverlodge to the Orchard and back, daily
- These positions can accommodate spring or fall camp commitments (i.e. NAIT or U of A)
To apply for these positions, please send a resume to email@example.com. Deadline for submissions is November 29, 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted.