West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, listed on the TSX and recognized for the sixth time, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers. West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within. We are looking for an individual interested in a long-term career with us. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? Our Hinton Wood Products division has an opening for a fully certified:
4th CLASS POWER ENGINEER
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the Biomass Facility
- Operation of a telehandler / Bobcat / loader
- Assisting the kiln operators when appropriate
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid Fourth class power engineering designation including firing time
- Work well in a team environment
- Proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Our employees can expect a challenging, stable, safe work environment with career development opportunities.
Hinton, Alberta is 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs. If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.