Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. (Al-Pac) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and supportive team player for the role of Internal Controls Specialist.
This is a full-time permanent position working Monday-Thursday, 7:00 a.m. – 5: 00 p.m at Edmonton office. The successful candidate will receive a competitive annual salary including paid pension and matching RRSP program, 4-weeks annual vacation, the company paid dental and extended health benefits, with many additional employee incentives. For candidates requiring relocation, Alberta-Pacific offers an attractive relocation assistance package.
Internal audit financial or operational reviews/audit responsibilities include:
- Providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the company operations.
- Designing, planning and completing reviews of operations, processes, and controls.
- Interacting with senior management and discussing findings and recommendations from reviews/audits.
- Preparing timely reports for all reviews/audits.
- Providing advice on internal controls.
- Extensive travel will be required to the mill site.
J-SOX internal controls responsibilities include:
- Reviewing company-level controls and financial close and reporting process controls.
- Reviewing process-level controls (business process, ITAC, and ITGC).
- Evaluating design effectiveness and process-level internal controls – conducting risk assessments and identifying controls in place to mitigate identified risk.
- Assessing the impact of changes in processes and systems – re-design controls in response to change and update related controls documentation for changes made.
- Maintaining updated documentation including risk control matrices (RCM’s) / procedural write-ups (narratives) / flowcharts / checklists.
- Controls testing, identifying control gaps and recommending remediation for deficiencies.
- Researching new or technical subjects when required to support the internal controls work.
- Recognized accounting designation.
- CIA/CISA designation would be an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ progressive experience in public accounting.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of best practices in auditing and internal controls.
- Strong IFRS knowledge.
- Experience in a highly computerized manufacturing environment.
- Self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
Please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to express our thanks to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
The closing date for this position is November 3, 2019.