This position reports to the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Team Leader in Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada. The Grande Prairie mill is a 1000+ tonne per day Northern Bleached Softwood Kraft pulp mill. It currently operates with approximately 320 mill employees in a high performance, results-oriented environment.
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for safely assemble, install, measuring and control devices using hand tools and power tools. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the breakdown and correct the problem. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects and need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Participate in the safety, health, and environmental activities in accordance with standards established by the Grande Prairie Mill.
- Installing and testing instrumentation devices
- DCS maintenance
- Contribute to the improvement of safety and maintenance of technical standards, work instructions, and procedures, identifying and implementing changes as necessary.
- Strong Safety Commitment
- Quality Orientation and Standards Compliance
- Time Management – Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgment
- Team Work
Required qualifications include…
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school
- Willing and able to work shift, overtime, weekends, and on-call
- 5 years’ experience in industrial maintenance
- Experience in reading engineering drawings
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment issues with electrical and instrumentation
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and constructively, as well as good verbal and written English skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Comprehension of complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction
- Ability to travel internationally if required.
- Willing to consider 3rd or 4th-year apprentice