At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it’s a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun. We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy—so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We’re especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do.
The Strategic Planner is responsible for coordinating all strategic planning activities related to forest management planning, growth, and yield in Alberta. The Strategic Planner is also responsible for the coordination of the divisional environmental certification requirements and audits. The Strategic Planner will work collaboratively with the Forestry Superintendent to achieve the division’s overall goals and objectives.
Core activities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable occupational health and safety requirements, forestry legislation, Canfor’s environmental policy, sustainable forest management commitments, sustainable forestry initiative requirements, and forest management system
- Deliver on annual budgets, monthly cost projections, and accruals
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to track, report and correct non-conformances of safety, quality, cost, and delivery results
- Coordinate the development of the Forest Management Agreement’s (FMA) Forest Management Plan (FMP)
The Strategic Planner is expected at all times to exhibit a level of professionalism that positively represents the company and to demonstrate a strong safety work ethic. Other key competencies for this role include:
- Registered or are eligible to register as an RPF or RPFT with the Association of AB Forest Professionals
- Associated University Degree or Technical Diploma
- 5 Years or more experience in a related forestry field
- Excellent leadership, communication, and project management skills with the ability to work in a team environment
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company. There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and are committed to the professional development of our employees.