The Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for preventive maintenance, repair, and overhauling of all mobile equipment.
- Qualified HD Mechanic with Interprovincial Journeyman ticket;
- Experience working with JD Edwards will be advantageous;
- Superior Troubleshooting Skills; Excellent Organizational Skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision;
- Experience with Caterpillar, Sennobogan and John Deere equipment would be an asset;
- Pickup and welding experience would also be considered an asset;
- Able to work shift work.
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision, and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence. We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
A career with Tolko is more than a job- it’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect. Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community. If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.