West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our Slave Lake Pulp division in Slave Lake, AB, has an opportunity for the dynamic role of:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Millwright will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting and predictive, preventative maintenance strategies. As a member of this high performing team, you will be responsible for working safely with all machinery within the pulp mill.
- Troubleshooting, analyzing, diagnosing, and performing maintenance work on machinery
- Participation in a preventative and predictive maintenance program for equipment
- Reading blueprints, diagrams, and schematic drawings to assemble equipment
- Utilizing knowledge and skills to recognize opportunities for improvements and savings
- Maintenance of pumps, conveyors, compressors, mechanical systems, rollers and chains, bearings and hydraulics
Our ideal Millwright candidate possesses:
- A valid Inter-Provincial or AB Provincial Journeyperson Millwright certification
- Heavy industrial experience
- Commitment to working safely and creating a safe workplace
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts as required
Considered a strong asset:
- Previous experience working in a pulp mill
- A machinist certificate
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company.
Slave Lake Pulp is a BCTMP mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Slave Lake Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Slave Lake boasts the second largest lake in Alberta and offers great ice fishing in the winter and swimming in the summer. The town of approximately 7,000 residents has all the amenities of a larger center yet maintains the outdoor lifestyle of a small community.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.