West Fraser is a leading forest products company in North America. Our goals are straightforward – leadership through profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products. Our Hinton Pulp Division has an immediate opening for:
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, this position is responsible for scheduling the execution of maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assemble and coordinate the information, people, and all the other necessary resources to execute the plan
- Manage maintenance schedules in the assigned area in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Schedule all work in the assigned area to complete the job as required
- Work with Turnaround Coordinator to build Mill Turnaround schedules
- Work with OMC/Maintenance Teams to modify the schedules for break-in work
- Communicate and schedule contractor work
- Schedule work for Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and General Trades
Our ideal candidate would have:
- A valid journeyman trade certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science/Engineering
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulp mill or heavy industrial setting is preferred
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of computer software and applications, with preference given to candidates with Maximo and MS Project experience.
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- The desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Embody the West Fraser values of safety, teamwork, integrity, respect, humility, and frugality
We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families.
Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and transcripts/proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.