Job Type: Full-time Summer Position
Term: May 1st to Aug 31st, 2020 (tentatively)
Wage: Approx. $17.50 -18:50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Job Description: The Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation (BCBC) is seeking a friendly, outgoing individual who enjoys people and working in a dynamic team environment. Based at our exciting education and research centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for…
- Retail operations at the gift shop;
- Promotion of program and events;
- Information services for visitors to Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park and area;
- Providing tours of the facilities;
- Assisting with the delivery of education programs for schools and the public;
- Organizing our annual Songbird Festival plus some administrative duties;
If you enjoy meeting new people, this is a great job for you. This position is an employee of the Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory and it is based at the BorealCentre for Bird Conservation in Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park, Slave Lake AB. Affordable on-site rental accommodation is available at the Boreal Centre for Bird Conservation.
- Minimum of 1 year of post-secondary education in a related field is preferred
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate prior to commencement
- Criminal Record Check (including vulnerable sectors) will be required prior to commencement
- Able to work some evenings and most weekends during the peak summer period
- Knowledge of the Slave Lake Area and Lesser Slave Lake Provincial Park
- Retail experience, exceptional customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of birds and plants of northern Alberta
- Enjoy meeting new people
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to…
Lesser Slave Lake Bird Observatory
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 780-849-8239
The deadline for applications is February 7th, 2020.